Earlier I told you about this discussion. Now we'll move ahead. You may
revisit the thread:
These are the tasks for now:
1. Barnstar, noticeboard barnstar, regular recognition to encourage
editors, some brainstorming need to be done for experienced/senior
Wikipedians (as User:Dharmadhyaksha
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Dharmadhyaksha> pointed out).
Barnstar name has been suggested ""WikiProject India: Star of the month"
"WikiProject India: Hall of fame" by User:Yash!
2. WP:INCOTM <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:INCOTM> restarting.
3. Working on improving quality of vital articles, important articles;
4. Add an initiative to identify largely unsourced or poorly sourced
higher traffic articles (> 100 views avg per day) in this and directly
related project spaces (Hinduism/Jainism/Buddhism/Sikhism/etc) (as
suggested by User:Ms Sarah Welch
5. Working on edit-a-thons;
6. Trying to involve more admins/experienced editors, as User:Vin09
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Vin09> mentioned "*regular
India-article related admins*".
7. Creating tool page, resource page, uploading quality images needed
for/to improve edit-a-thons (see the post of User:Ms Sarah Welch
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Ms_Sarah_Welch> for more details).
8. meta:100wikidays <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/100wikidays>
9. Starting a WikiProject India monthly newsletter, as suggested by
On 19 February 2016 at 23:04, Tito Dutta <trulytito(a)gmail.com> wrote:
*We need your suggestions and feedback. *
We are planning a few initiatives for WikiProject India (English
Wikipedia). For a long time we have been feeling:
- *On one hand:* WikiProject India is one of the largest projects in
- *On the other hand: *We sometimes face it difficult to organize
simple co-ordination projects.
We are planning a few initiatives, *please see*:
If you have a look at this, you'll clearly understand that we are not
planning anything big at this moment.
Please share you suggestions.
PS. The main project page is here on Meta Wiki:
and here on