Michael Galvez <michaelcg(a)gmail.com> wrote:
Sorry for coming into this discussion a bit late.
I'm one of the members of
Google's translation team, and I wanted to make myself available for
Thanks for stopping by. A few questions: 1) Does GTTK have a specific
API for Mediawiki markup ("wikitext") itself? 2) Can it be opened up
for viewing/editing? 3) Does it include the original-language wikitext
as <!-- hidden--> in the output wikitext?
1. the local Wikipedia community should give Google
final OK on what
articles should or should not be translated
2. the local Wikipedia community add articles to Google's list
3. the local Wikipedia community can suggest titles for the articles
4. Google's translators will post the articles with their user names, and
they will monitor community feedback on their user pages until the
translation meets the community's standards
0) The main issue here is 'concepts of community,' interaction between
communities, and the creation of "community" between different
language communities. The more open Google is with us about what it
wants and what it proposes to do, the more we can be on board with
helping organize community support.