Thanks to those of you who participated in the survey. The summary
result of the survey and the next steps are at the end of this email.
Number of participants: 18
(We see 20 in the spreadsheet but 2 responses are repeated.)
What is Wiki Loves Monuments really good at achieving?
We have received the following themes of responses from you.
* Good quality photos of monuments from many parts of the world
* Preserving the monuments and recording history
* A way of increasing awareness about Wikimedia projects outside of
the Wikimedia world
* A project that brings people and institutions closer to each other
* A project that increases the diversity of contributions to the
projects (photos, and not just text)
What are the areas that Wiki Loves Monuments need improvement?
We have received the following themes of responses from you:
* Media and PR activity
* Quality of photos
* Repeated photos on the one hand, and less emphasis on photos that we
* Country vs States: clarify
* Supporting local communities that are smaller
* Simplifying the upload process
Tell us specifically how we can improve the contest?
There has been quite a few solutions proposed. Thanks to those of you
who offered them. Thanks also to those of you who offered to help on
specific improvements and solutions.
* The international team will meet to discuss which one(s) of these
areas we want to pick up as our focus for improving the contest in the
coming year. We will update this list once that conversation happens.
I expect for us to be able to implement some changes for 2018 and some
for the years after.
* We may reach out to those of you who signed up to help after the
international team makes a decision about which areas to work on.
* For those of you in Wikimania, you should feel free to drop by our
session at Wikimania to talk with us about it in person:
. This is a hands-on session and we won't be spending a lot of time on
discussions, but if there is enough interest, we can break up into
smaller groups and discuss the survey within one of those small