This year's edition of Google Code-In is already half over:
GCI is still running for another 2½ weeks.
We will need more tasks. If you have a task in mind to mentor, add
it! You can still become a mentor at any time - see the link above!
Thanks to our students and mentors, many tasks are resolved already!
Here is an incomplete list of some achievements:
* VisualEditor now allows editing a table cell by pressing F2; Several
fixes for the "Page Options" dialog; Leading spaces from the
"format" field in TemplateData GUI are now stripped
* Documentation was written how to use our Gerrit test instance
* More unit tests in MW's Thanks and StructuredDiscussions extensions
* Code coverage: Several MW extensions got missing @covers tags added
* MW web upgrade process now handles errors in purgeCache correctly
* Improved the workflow in MW web installer if an error occurs
* MW action API now returns HTTP 405 error code when unsupported http
method used; Included namespace information on the action=info page
* The Wikimedia Hashtags tool on Toolforge now has a JSON endpoint
* The Wikinity tool on Toolforge now has a coordinate format converter
* Pywikibot removes disambiguation brackets in labels to create new
items for articles in Wikidata; unused code removed in some places
* Several fixes and improvements for the JSDoc WMF theme
* Several MW extensions now display their licenses on Special:Version
* Several students took incremental tasks to learn Lua and templates
* Sticker designs!, such as raccoonicorns or "Personal Space Needed"
* Constructed SQL queries in Quarry to get statistics about Wikipedia
* Many fixes & new features for WMCZ's expense tracking app "Tracker"
* In the Wikidata Query GUI, the placeholder now updates the language
* Added support for the Eastern Pwo language (kjp) to MW's Names.php
* Mobile frontend/Minerva skin: The "Edit" button is now disabled for
anonymous editors; Control-clicking on an image now opens the image
in a new tab; Moved client side code inside initEditLink to server
* Some Wikimedia site configuration changes were prepared by students
* WikiEduDashboard: Now shows file urls and author in 'Recent Uploads'
on user profile pages; `no-undef` eslint rule enabled; users now get
informed when a course is not listed in any campaigns
* FormWizard extension: Extension group on special page modified and
further small fixes
* Modified the newsletter 'issue announce' summary textbox
...and many many more.
Congratulations & thanks to all our hard-working students and mentors!
Andre Klapper | Bugwrangler / Developer Advocate