On 2/3/21 5:35 PM, Kunal Mehta wrote:
What now? We're going to continue with the upgrade
as planned, but we
also need help to try and make some performance improvements to reduce
the impact of the regression.
A week later I'd like to highlight and recognize some of the performance
improvements that have been made:
* Upgrading utfnormal to use native mbstring functions instead of PHP
implementations <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T273338> (MaxSem,
James F, Reedy and myself)
* Optimizations to ApiResult
(Daimona, Thiemo, Krinkle and James F)
* Using PCRE for faster UTF-8 validation in Parsoid
<https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/656596> (Skizzerz and cscott)
* Reducing the size of the ExtensionRegistry cache in APCU
(Krinkle and myself)
* Reduce impact of HookContainer loading 500+ interfaces
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T274041> (Skizzerz, myself, Tim
Starling and Ori)
If I missed any other improvements people have been working on, my
apologies, please share them! I've been using the Gerrit hashtag
to try and track these.
P.S. reimaging to Buster is 70% complete now.