Do you get paid by the asterisk?
On 11/30/06, Michael Sha <sha(a)deas.harvard.edu> wrote:
We are a consumer web startup that's building
a lot of really interesting
features on top of an existing wiki platform (Mediawiki is one of the five
we've narrowed it down to) and we're looking for a superstar developer
wiki experience to join the team.
*We are a company:*
Who wants to use the power of Wiki to solve a big problem for
of our vision involves extending the functionality of one of the major
platforms with innovative features that pose exciting technical
Be one of the first people to join a consumer web startup which could put
lot of large companies out of business.
*You are someone who:*
- Is *scary smart* and someone we can *trust* will find the *right
answers* to hard problems you may have never solved before.
- Is *technically brilliant*, *versatile*, and* creative*.
- Your * teammates* love working with. You also have *friends* like
you who would *love* to *work with you* as we continue to grow.
- Will *passionately bust your ass* at the prospect of building
something that will revolutionize a $100B+ industry.
Specifically, we need someone who has a lot of valuable*
experience*building and extending the feature set of wiki platforms.
You also need experience designing and building highly-available and fault
tolerant *consumer web *applications with *performance*, *scalability*, *
stability*, and *security* in mind. This means you're very adept at:
- Building and extending the functionality of a wiki platform
- Database experience (optimizing SQL and writing software that uses
SQL to access databases)
- Distributed systems (hands-on experience preferred, academic
experience is OK)
- LAMP (PHP, Python, Perl)
Past experience with the following will make you even better able to
contribute to the team:
- Innovative approaches to UI design (AJAX, Flex/Actionscript/Flash)
- Designing and implementing production websites (HTML, CSS, XML,
- Database admin experience (setting up, maintaining and optimizing
Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL databases)
- Start with ideas, design products and features, architect a
technical solution, then build, test, and launch it.
- Help build and grow the engineering team as we expand over time. If
you also want to lead this team, that's in the cards, if you show us
- Be a group of the smartest, most trustworthy, passionate, and
interesting people you know.
- Make sure you have what you need to be happy and productive.
- Compensate you with a flexible mixture of cash and equity.
- Make great teammates united around a vision of how to solve some
pretty important problems for people.
Interested candidates should send your resume to
email@example.com<firstname.lastname@example.org>with Wiki Guru in the
Please also include in your email a summary of your past work with wiki
platforms (which ones you've worked with and what your contributions have
been to them).
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l mailing list