The bot has now completed it's run. If you see any outstanding tasks that
need to be repaired, please give me the task IDs.
The bot ran for roughly 36 hours, repairing at least 4,000 tasks (perhaps
There were some issues with the bot that may still affect your tasks:
* The triage level was not restored, or was put in "Needs triage". This was
fixed around 16:00 UTC on July 1. Hundreds of tasks were affected.
* For most of the bot's run, it was subject to a newly imposed rate
limiting. If the rate limit was hit in the middle of repairing a task, the
bot may not have fixed everything. Many tasks were affected. This issue was
fixed around 15:00 UTC on July 1.
* For some tasks, the vandal removed tags as well adding some. The bot did
not properly restore the removed tags until around 12:00 UTC on July 2. The
number of tasks affected by this is estimated to be low.
* Some tasks have "custom fields" that were vandalized, which the bot did
not restore. An example is the "due date" on
. The number of tasks affected by
this should be very low.
If you notice any tasks where the bot didn't fix everything, and you don't
want to fix it yourself, just give me the task IDs and I can re-run the bot
Thanks to Andre, Mukunda, and everyone else to helped with this effort.
On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 8:49 PM Mukunda Modell <mmodell(a)wikimedia.org> wrote:
Hi Leon. I can't thank you enough for your efforts
to help clean things up
in Phabricator. I can, however, help make the bot more effective. See
below for responses inline.
On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 10:47 AM Leon Ziemba <musikanimal(a)wikimedia.org>
An update... the bot went to sleep as instructed
a few hours after I went
to sleep. Bot is now back up and running, with some ~4,500 tasks still to
A few problems:
* The new "rate limiting" of the API is rather rigorous. Release
engineering tried to whitelist the bot but we had no luck. So, it will take
some time to go through everything.
I'm still looking into why the bot hits the rate limit. I'm sure I can
come up with a way to get it whitelisted.
* If the bot hits the rate limit while editing a
task, all other changes
it was going to make to that task didn't happen. Hence you may see only
some corrections on some tasks.
* The priority level is now being set to "Needs triage". This is because
the Conduit API gives me numbers for the priority level, and the edit API
wants a string (?!?). I don't know what numbers are for what priorities, so
"Needs triage" it is. Older versions of the script left the priority level
unchanged, so either way you may wish to review the priorities of your
tasks. If you know what the priority number to string mapping is, please
tell me :)
If you would like to alter the bot to restore the correct priority, this
should help; The priority levels are configured as follows:
"name": "Needs Triage",
"name": "Unbreak Now!",
On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 5:32 AM Max Semenik <maxsem.wiki(a)gmail.com> wrote:
We've got ourselves da MVP!
On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 12:51 AM, Leon Ziemba <musikanimal(a)wikimedia.org>
I wrote a rollback script, currently running as
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/p/CommunityTechBot/> and previously
Tech bot <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/p/Community_Tech_bot/>. It
seems to work, aside from setting the triage level, which hopefully
huge deal. I can try to fix that later. It is
also being slowed down by
rate limiting. The script isn't quite shareable yet but when it is I'll
publish it. Going to sleep now :)
Max Semenik ([[User:MaxSem]])
Wikitech-l mailing list
Engineering mailing list