I have some tag extension in which one of the parameters is a SPARQL query.
My code is constructing this query correctly (confirmed by var_dump'ing the
relevant vars), but when I put the tag in a wiki page, several spaces are
getting replaced by   which breaks the query. Is there a way to make
the parser not do this? (The HTML returned by my tag extension function
should be embedded as-is.)
Jeroen De Dauw
Don't panic. Don't be evil.
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Hooks/AddNewAccount is currently
the only Account-adminstration related hook which changes table user -
as far as I can see.
Problem (solved yesterday)
OpenID needs to be informed when an account is deleted or merged, which
currently UserMerge extension does.
There are no core functions for - Deletion or - Merging of accounts.
This is reason why I added in UserMerge (declared myself as the new
maintainer for this, if nobody contests) two hooks
The two hooks are used in OpenID only, for the moment.
I did not yet create corresponding new hook description pages on
MediaWiki - because the hooks are currently not part of the core.
As suggested some days ago by Ryan Lane - and I support his view - such
- go/come via the core, and in consequence
- via Auth.
The two hooks should be implemented in core as
abstract public function ()
or whatever is conformity to our standards (pls. let me know). If you
choose other names, I will commit corresponding changes in OpenID and
Looking forward to your feedback,
hooks come from http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Code/MediaWiki/89010
hooks are consumed in
P.S. The OpenID and UserMerge extensions run on MediaWiki trunk version
with recent PHP 5.3.6. Who wants to test it (URL on request)
The files in the languages/messages/ directory are quite big and
currently altered every day. Yesterday, I had to bisect a bug and most
of the delay was caused by fetching the languages files.
I do not understand the purpose of this daily update, does it serves any
specific purpose? I do not feel like we require up-to-date translations
I have a similar issue with not so much edited extensions for which the
log is mostly i18n translations thus hiding the real code commits.
That was just my Sunday morning 2 cents.
On May 28th, I have updated CruiseControl to run the PHPUnit tests
grouped together as "Database".
The consequences are:
- parser tests are run again (yeah!)
- several "write" API tests are run again too
- there are failures (oh no!!)
The failures are split in two groups:
- a good share is related to the Block system rewrite.
- the rest is parser tests for the LabeledSectionTransclusion extension
Please fix the code if you have any knowledge about this code.
Open Decentralized Society is a project that aims at creating a Wikipedia
that takes trust relations between users into consideration. It wants to
create a wiki that will have different articles for each subject, articles
that would be ranked based on the person who is viewing them and his trust
relations. Each trust link will also have semantic meaning.
Each person will try to certificate which person is a doctor, which person
is a software engineer, and for each semantic meaning there will be a
It is important to note that there will not be a global ranking. You could
think of it as if everyone is a seed of trust for himself.
This project is in its infancy. My intention is to create a community that
will implement those features on mediawiki.
If you are a freedom proponent. If you believe that the flow of information
should be free, join me in creating the next Wikipedia. The project needs
funding, peer-reviewing, programmers, security experts, lawyers.
Dont hesitate to contact me: xekoukou#gmail.comhttp://opensociety.referata.com
This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential,
intended solely for the addressee(s), and may contain legally
Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are
susceptible to alteration.
I shall not be liable for the message if altered, changed or