As you may know, the election of the Affiliate-selected Board seats (ASBS)
We, as the Wikisource Community User Group, can take part in this election
and elected two person to the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation.
The meta page
some lengthy informations, here is a quick summary:
- since April 15 and until April 30, people will candidate to seat at the
board, at this step we can ask question to candidates and *endorse* two
- between May 8 and May 31, we can vote.
For this whole process, I am the primary contact but we *all* make the
decision, I'm merely the messenger of the group here.
Here is how I suggest to proceed:
- right now, write together questions and criteria for candidate we want to
endorse (WMNL shared this table to help
but it's very general, we should adapt it to this usergroup needs ; here is
copy of this table https://lite.framacalc.org/asbs2019-wcug we can work
on). You can also ask question in your own name.
- in May, we vote for the candidates inside the user group (not sure how to
best handle this part, I would prefer it to be public but we can do it in
private too) and then, I will take the results and vote in the name of the
- is anyone interested to be the secondary contact? (I'm a bit busy so I
could use some help ;) )
- if you feel the need, we can do an online meeting to talk about it, but
as we are scattered all around the globe, finding a good timeslot is
challenging. Would anyone be interested? (or is this mailing list enough?)
- obviously, any question, idea, remark, suggestion are welcome!