user Alex Brollo has developed a very interesting tool which I think many
of you will find very useful.
(afaiu he developed this from a previous tool, but he can explain it better)
To test it, go on your oldwikisource account,
and in User:YOU/vector.js copy this:
The tool will appear under Tools, and it's called "Ritaglio immagini" (crop
It opens a window which allows you to select and crop an image directy on
It is extremely useful to use illustration directly on the page.
It is usable both in View and Edit mode.
In the Italian Wikisource we have made it a Gadget and button, so it's
active for everyone.
I've made an IEG Grant proposal, to develop few tools for Armenian
Wikisource, which can be localized, adjusted for different languages and
used globally in the future.
I would appreciate your feedback, ideas and thought, on this, a lot.
Do you find those tool useful for your Wikisource projects? May be you have
small feature requests, which you think will make those tools more
Also if there's anyone willing to join the project, or to modify tools for
their language version in future, I'd be happy to hear that.
Thanks for these amazing logos. I've also a small preference for Isarra one that is a little less sad and represents well what Wikisource community is: a part of the Wikimedia community focused on books.
Le 18 avr. 2014 13:03, David Cuenca <dacuetu(a)gmail.com> a écrit :
> On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 11:02 AM, Nicolas VIGNERON <vigneron.nicolas(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Same thing for me ; Isarra's one looks better to me.
>> The blue colours are a good reminder of the iceberg but it's a bit « sad ».
> The other one is not so happy either, but I like both :)
I am again from Bengali Wikisource for help. Can it be possible to Multiple
page move with prefix book title? Some user create one Poetry Book
"Gitanjali" by Rabindranath Tagore, with all peotry with first stanza line
( 170 poetry) as a title (NS0). You can see English version . I want to
move all respective first stanza line poetry to respectively
Gitanjali/1, Gitanjali/2,Gitanjali/3 .....
Not only this Poetry Book, Maximum all Poetry Book was created like this
way wrongly in our Wikisource.
Please give some advice/help to do this easily, either bot, semi-bot (AWB).
I was invited to participate on the Wikimedia Conference 2014  on behalf
of the Wikisource Community User Group. I was in Hamburg the week before,
so I just booked a bus ticket and went to Berlin this past weekend.
The WMCON is primarily oriented towards chapters, but there were also user
group representatives, and members of the FDC, GAC, and WMF panel.
By talking with members of the several chapters I got informed about the
Wikisource-oriented efforts that are happening on each community. I found a
pity that this kind of information is not shared at international level,
since there are always lessons to be learn and new ideas that can help any
Wikisource language community (for instance the DIY-scanners from WM
Argentina). Some effort will be neded to collect more stories, probably
I also seeked advice about how to further promote the WsCUG, so it can
benefit all Wikisource members with projects funded at international level.
Discussing this matters with GAC and FDC members was useful, since they
informed me about how to shape proposals in a sustainable way. I also
approached WMDE and they were willing to provide help, as they did to the
German Wikisource by helping to organize their meet-up last year
All in all, it was a positive experience that can help the WsCUG to move
forward. I will talk about concrete actions in a different email.