On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 8:55 PM, Ryan Lane <rlane32(a)gmail.com> wrote:
Over the past couple days Roan Kattouw and I have been
changes to enable protocol-relative URL support. We've gotten to a
point where we think it is stable and working.
We've enabled this on test.wikipedia.org
, and plan on running it for
two weeks before enabling it elsewhere. Please test if everything is
working properly, especially with regards to the API and bots. Report
bugs in bugzilla if any are found.
After some issues popped up, especially with protocol relative URLs
appearing in the wrong places (like e-mail notifications) or URLs
being wrongly forced to HTTP (which caused the bug where logging in on
HTTPS redirected you to HTTP), I've done some work to fix these issues
in SVN while attending conferences in the past two weeks (rewriting
wfExpandUrl() etc.). They're now fixed in trunk and the fixes are
deployed to production.
Apart from a FlaggedRevs bug where protocol-relative URLs are shown as
internal links, HTTPS should now work correctly on
(internal wiki). Please test this and
report any remaining issues. If all goes well, we'll start rolling
this out on production wikis in a few weeks, most likely in the week
of Aug 15.
Roan Kattouw (Catrope)