Thanks for sharing Kartik!
On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Kartik Mistry <kartik.mistry(a)gmail.com>wrote;wrote:
I would like to announce the release of MediaWiki language extension
* Installation instructions are at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MLEB
* Announcements of new releases will be posted to a mailing list:
* Report bugs to https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org
* Talk with us at #mediawiki-i18n @ freenode
Release notes for each extension are below.
== Babel, CLDR and LocalisationUpdate ==
* Only localisation updates.
== Translate ==
=== Noteworthy changes ===
* Initial translation area height is increased. With a higher
translation area it provides more space for suggestions.
* Bug 47861: Allow text selection in page mode of Special:Translate so
that parts of original message can be copied and pasted.
* Bug 46875: The tooltip highlighting the proofread action now appears
less often in incorrect places.
* Bug 36692: On language stats and message group stats, rows can no
longer get stuck in highlighted state.
* On translation pages, a "Translate" tab is shown instead of "Edit"
tab to improve usability and discoverability of the translation
* Bug 49850: The page mode of Special:Translate parsed incorrectly
some square brackets as external links. Now it checks for supported
protocol before turning it into a link.
* Bug 52623: Discard changes button now works as expected in Google Chrome.
* Map 'be-tarask' language to 'be' language in Yandex machine
* Bug 52272: Assistant languages suggestions ('In other languages')
are no longer stripped of newlines.
* A step forwards for arbitrary source language for translatable pages
was taken. Translate now extension now respects the page soure
language returned by MediaWiki. There is still no user interface to
set the page source language.
* Bug 49326: Add "notify translators" link after marking page for
translation when TranslationNotifications is installed.
* Loading of message content now works correctly. It was broken with
namespaces which did not force capitalization of the first letter.
* Bug 52216: Special:AggregateGroups has now better group selector
which supports search.
=== Changes relevant to API users and developers ===
* Check for and disallow dynamic groups in ApiQueryMessageGroupStats.
* Reimplement beforeSubmit, afterSubmit and afterRegisterFeatures
hooks to support them in the new TUX editor.
== UniversalLanguageSelector ==
=== Noteworthy changes ===
* Added support for event logging. To use it you need to install the
EventLogging extension. The support is considered to be experimental.
To enable event logging, add following lines to your LocalSettings.php:
$wgMainCacheType = CACHE_MEMCACHED;
$wgMemCachedServers = array( '127.0.0.1:11211' );
$wgEventLoggingBaseUri = 'http://localhost:8080/event.gif';
$wgEventLoggingFile = '/var/log/mediawiki/events.log';
To learn more about setting up EventLogging extention, see:
* The libraries are loaded on demand, when they are actually used for
* Language settings are closed when clicked outside ULS langauge
* Bug 50564: When the user makes changes in multiple modules and
clicks the Cancel button or closes the language settings after that,
cancel the changes in all the modules.
* Bug 50562: Canceling font change doesn't work for system font.
* Internal code changes to improve performance and make loading faster.
* Top position the ULS for IME menu with reference to the input field
instead of ... menu item to fix weird positioning at some places.
* Bug 51923: Use no-repeat follow url for background images to remove
possible duplicate images
* Fix wrong language comparison in webfonts so that expliticit
fontfamily style are not added to child elements.
* Use events instead of callbacks for success or no results in the ULS
search box. This allows extension users to bind for this event and
* Use mw.hook for notifying cancel of settings window to modules.
* Documentation fixes.
=== Browser Blacklisting ===
* Currently, Internet Explorer < 7 is blacklisted for MediaWiki
version 1.22 and Internet Explorer 6 and 7 are explicitly blacklisted
for MediaWiki before version 1.22
=== Fonts ===
* Added Gentium font for Latin languages rich with diacritics like
IPA, Vietnamese and Polytonic Greek.
* Added Junicode font for Old English.
* Added Phetsarath font for Lao.
* Added lklug font for Sinhala.
* Added the Nuosu SIL font for the Yi language.
* Added Xerxes for for Old Persian.
* Added Shapour font for Pahlavi script.
* Added Nazli as a serif font for Persian script.
=== Input methods ===
* Bug fixes in Gujarati Phonetic, Gujarati Inscript 2, Punjabi
Phonetic and Oriya keyboards that didn't allow typing some characters.
* Added Kyrgyz Cyrillic keyboard.
* Added IPA X-SAMPA layout.
* Fixed the IPA-SIL layout: use the "modifier letter apostrophe" for
* Fixes ZWNJ character issues for Hindi and Marathi input methods.
* Updated Javanese keyboard.
* Removed outdated Myanmar keyboard.
Kartik Mistry | IRC: kart_
Wikitech-l mailing list
Director of Engineering
Language Engineering (i18n/L10n)