After a few weeks of bug fixes, we've caught up with MediaWiki
development code review and I'm pushing out an update to the live sites.
This fixes a lot of little bugs, and hopefully doesn't cause introduce
too many new ones. :)
* Change logs: http://ur1.ca/2rah
(r47458 to r48811)
As usual in addition to lots of offline and individual testing among our
staff and volunteer developers, we've done a shakedown on
-- and as usual we can fully expect a few
more issues to have cropped up that weren't already found.
Don't be alarmed if you do find a problem; just let us know at
or on the tech IRC channels
(#wikimedia-tech on Freenode).
We should be resuming our weekly update schedule soon -- I won't be
doing a mega-crosspost like this every week! -- and will continue to
improve our pre-update staging and shakedown testing to keep disruption
to a minimum and awesome improvements to a maximum.
I'd also like to announce that we've started a blog for Wikimedia tech
activity & MediaWiki development, in part because I want to make sure
community members can easily follow what we're working on and give
feedback before we push things out:
I'd very much like to make sure that we've got regular contacts among
the various project communities who can help coordinate with us on
features, bugs, and general thoughts which might affect some projects
distinctly from others.
-- brion vibber (brion @ wikimedia.org
CTO, Wikimedia Foundation