On 01/09/2013 12:02 PM, Quim Gil wrote:
Andre and me learned yesterday from Sumana that bug
days were held
previously on a weekly basis. This might complicate things, although
maybe actually not. A possibility:
1. Pick a day e.g. "Thursday is Bug Day!"
2. Find a small task / area in Bugzilla e.g. "Let's clean MediaWiki
Extensions >> Drafts"
3. Take a chat room less noisy than #mediawiki, or create one just for
#wikimedia-dev is usually best, in my experience.
4. Define a list of nicknames you, Andre, etc (and
that day. Define also 4 hours of higher intensity where all of you will
be there and focusing on the Bug Day activity.
5. Announce the day before to wikitech-l, mediawiki-l and optionally to
any other relevant list.
A few days before, please!
6. Keep all this up to date at
the alternative page of your choice.
It feels like more work, but then again choosing smaller topics is
easier and if a week goes meh then it's not a big deal.
hold nearly all these best practices -- and if anything's missing, yes,
please add it. Looking forward to more bug triage events (and, very
importantly, FOLLOWUP on those triages, especially where individuals
said "sure, I'll fix that").
Engineering Community Manager