I have a problem with my recent changes. It's not being updated after
changes have been made. It does help to run one of the maintanca
scripts, but I think it should be happening on the fly when posts are made.
I'm running mediawiki 1.6.8
Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
On 30/09/06, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/30/06, Walter Vermeir <walter(a)wikipedia.be> wrote:
> > For Ogg Vorbis there is;
> > http://www.jcraft.com/jorbis/
> > And with that you can play a Ogg Vorbis file without a player at the
> > client side.
> I set it up weeks ago and have been able to gather fairly little
> interest in it... thus my frustration with people insisting that we
> must use proprietary formats for ease of use.
I, and I assume most of those who saw it, thought it was an early demo
- not something ready to roll. I also wasn't aware it ran under GCJ as
well as proprietary Java.
As such, WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR? ROLL IT OUT! SOMETHING USABLE! IT
SHOULD BE ON EVERY OGG IMAGE PAGE!
(The "about" will have to mention it works fine under GCJ and is
Free-As-In-Stallman Software all the way down.)
cc: to wikitech-l in case there's some technical hiccup to doing so
Maybe simply hidding the sidebar would do it. Someone on this list developed
a way to hide it, for presentations.
I don't like your frame design. Especially the bottom one. What about making
it a menu of the top one?
I see you lose the navigation references of the page. Are the previous/next
chapter their equivalent?
An automated run of parserTests.php showed the following failures:
Running test TODO: Table security: embedded pipes (http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2006-April/034637.html)... FAILED!
Running test TODO: Link containing double-single-quotes '' (bug 4598)... FAILED!
Running test TODO: Template with thumb image (with link in description)... FAILED!
Running test Template infinite loop... FAILED!
Running test TODO: message transform: <noinclude> in transcluded template (bug 4926)... FAILED!
Running test TODO: message transform: <onlyinclude> in transcluded template (bug 4926)... FAILED!
Running test BUG 1887, part 2: A <math> with a thumbnail- math enabled... FAILED!
Running test TODO: HTML bullet list, unclosed tags (bug 5497)... FAILED!
Running test TODO: HTML ordered list, unclosed tags (bug 5497)... FAILED!
Running test TODO: HTML nested bullet list, open tags (bug 5497)... FAILED!
Running test TODO: HTML nested ordered list, open tags (bug 5497)... FAILED!
Running test TODO: Parsing optional HTML elements (Bug 6171)... FAILED!
Running test TODO: Inline HTML vs wiki block nesting... FAILED!
Running test TODO: Mixing markup for italics and bold... FAILED!
Running test TODO: 5 quotes, code coverage +1 line... FAILED!
Running test TODO: HTML Hex character encoding.... FAILED!
Running test TODO: dt/dd/dl test... FAILED!
Passed 412 of 429 tests (96.04%) FAILED!
> I thought I had mentioned before (maybe not to you) that this query is
> unnecessarily inefficient (because it scans both categories completely).
> Why do you use this adventurous approach when there is a much simpler
> and more obvious one, which also happens to be faster?
> SELECT c.cl_from FROM categorylinks c WHERE c.cl_from IN (
> SELECT c2.cl_from FROM categorylinks c2
> WHERE c2.cl_to='Fantasy_films'
> ) AND c.cl_to='Disney_films'
Showing rows 0 - 8 (9 total, Query took 0.9231 sec) <-- took longer than the
count/group by query
SQL query: SELECT c.cl_from
FROM categorylinks c
FROM categorylinks c2
WHERE c2.cl_to = 'Fantasy_films'
AND c.cl_to = 'Disney_films'
LIMIT 0 , 30
I tried your way before, an a smaller data set, and got basically identical
results for your way and mine. Trying your way on the larger dataset (copy
of en), it appears it may be slower than mine. I think I recall that when
you tested it, it was in MSSQL, and not MySQL. If the efficiency is equal,
I like this approach becuase it scales seasily to intersections of more than
two cateogories. It looks like the count/group by approach may be faster in
MySQL, based on this example.