On Dec 1, 2003, at 18:49, Brion Vibber wrote:
> Jason's working on getting it rebooted; it should come back up in the
> correct configuration.
We managed to get it resolved without a reboot; back online!
Note to self: turning an interface off may remove the default gateway
from the routing table.
-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Following Tim's request for people to speak up, if they would like to
contribute to MediaWiki, here it is:
I would liket to ask for developer-status and offer some of my
Wikipedia-time to write MediaWiki-PHP scripts.
To give you an idea about what you can expect from me:
- I worked 4 years in the database field.
- No experience with PHP, but my first look at the PHP-scipts gave me
the feeling that I will be able to understand how Wikipedia works and
how I can contribute, and I got Wikipedia up and running at home already ;-)
- I would not like to give up all my Wikipedia-Time to development, I
see my involvement more as a long-time contribution, something like 50%
- I contribute to Wikipedia nearly a year and I am admin in en/de/it.
The fields I would prefer to help:
- DE/IT Server issues
- One central user-registration for all wikipedias (I don't know the
current status of this Idea)
- ...whereever I can give Brion and other Developers a hand on simple
tasks that just take time away from them and help me learn MediaWiki.
I look forward to your replies,
I'm working on a XML representation of Wikipedia articles [[meta:Wikipedia
- the XML export function [[XML import and export]] is a step forward to this
but I do not understand what the element "restrictions" may contain:
So what is the purpose of table 'cur_restrictions'? Are there any other
restrictions but 'sysop' or why it is not just a boolean value?
Some bugs and wishes for the next update of SpecialExport.php:
- add an XML header ("<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>")
- replace the attribute 'xml:ns' with something like 'interwiki' or 'language'.
Please avoid attributes starting with 'xml:'. 'xml:lang' is not the best
choice neither since there are MediaWikis like wiktionary and meta that
does corespondent to languages.
- include 'cur_counter'
BTW: What about the new namespaces
8 => "MediaWiki",
9 => "MediaWiki_talk"
P.S: The statistics page is one posibility to include a reference to the
developers more publically - like the "most active wikipedians". Perhaps there
is a way to get some CVS stats out of sourceforge into the wikipedia growth