At the developer meetup, I announced that Wikimedia Deutschland is offering
contracts for a couple of projects we feel are important. We again invite anyone
to apply NOW for any project that interests you.
The DEADLINE for applying is SUNDAY, APRIL 19!
We did not receive any offer for the most urgent project: Evaluate the impact
of using flagged revisions on the German Wikipedia, see
We feel that it would be very helpful to run a full analysis on this before the
English language Wikipedia decides on how to implement flagged revisions. It's a
powerful tool, and we should make sure we use it to it's full potential.
Below, the other projects are listed again:
* Rewrite CatScan, a tool for finding pages in a set of categories recursively,
based on various criteria -
* Store interwiki-links in the database, just like we already store
* Improve the Gadgets extension to allow for gadgets to be enabled per default,
be restricted to specific user groups, etc -
* Implement full support for TIFF files, including multi-page TIFFs, similar to
how DjVu is handled -
If you would like to help with any of the above, please contact me at
<daniel.kinzler AT wikimedia.de> and provide the following information:
* Your real name and country of residence
* How you plan to go about implementing the desired function
* Any experience working with MediaWiki
* How many working hours you would spend on it, and how much you ask for it
* In what time frame you would be able to do the job
This information is also available at
Thanks you all for your interest!