Job Opportunity at First State Heritage Park in Dover, Delaware
by Zimmerman, Sarah M. (DNREC)
Please post the following:
First State Heritage Park announces the opening of the following casual/seasonal year-round position
Salary: $11.25 per hour
SUMMARY: Creative, motivated person needed to work year round as an historical interpreter at First State Heritage Park in Dover. This is a part-time/year-round position which may vary from 15-30 hours per week. Saturday work may be necessary as well as occasional evenings & holidays.
The State of Delaware is AA/EOE.
* Strong interest in history required. Some background or college coursework in American history preferred.
* Excellent customer service skills in welcoming visitors of all ages to the park.
* Ability to present accurate historical material in an engaging way.
* Ability and willingness to learn a significant amount of historical material essential.
* Public speaking experience and ability to communicate effectively to all age groups necessary.
* A willingness to develop acting skills required; some theatrical experience helpful.
* Valid driver's license required.
* Ability to lift 40 lbs. is necessary.
* Conduct tours of Delaware's capitol building - Legislative Hall.
* Conduct a variety of historical walking tours in period clothing.
* Provide historical interpretation at the John Bell House on The Green.
* Conduct school tours and programs for kindergarten through college-age groups.
* Participate in historical theater presentations and evening lantern tours.
* Assist with various tasks to enhance and promote the park.
* Willing to work Saturdays, occasional evenings & some holidays.
BENEFITS: This is a seasonal position without traditional benefits. Direct Deposit of paychecks will be required as a condition of employment for new employees.
Please send cover letter, resume, 3 work references and a completed state seasonal application to:
First State Heritage Park
102 S. State Street
Dover DE 19901
Note: Applications can be obtained on-line at: http://www.dnrec.delaware.gov/parks/Home/Documents/Application_Seasonal.pdf
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. No telephone calls please.