Great tool! I have a question, how do I find the items that contain
potential statements from the Primary Sources Tool to be added to WD?
I was expecting to find a list, or a "show random item with Primary Source
statements". Maybe I am not looking at the right place?
Thanks and regards,
On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Markus Kroetzsch <
I am happy to announce that we have just deployed a new version of the
SQID Wikidata browser at
The main news are the first working editing features. Users that log in
will be given options to modify the data directly. (Regular users may have
to hard reload the page to see the new version; it should have a "login"
option on the top right.)
== Features ==
* Users can login with their Wikimedia accounts
* Statement suggestions from Primary Sources are offered to logged in
users, who can approve or reject them
* Approving/rejecting statements takes immediate effect, without a slow
* Statement suggestions are shown in the same "smart" order used for all
data on SQID. For example, statements with start time will be ordered by
time so you can compare suggested data to existing data more easily.
* There is a minimal "edit label" functionality for logged in users too
We hope this can help to speed up the work of editors who want to get more
PS data merged into Wikidata (e.g., for Freebase import).
== Known issues ==
* Some statements cannot be rejected in Primary Sources. This problem
affects both SQID and the Wikidata gadget in the same way. It seems to be a
bug in the PS web service, which we hope will be fixed at some point.
* There is no error reporting yet -- if PS fails, the user can see that a
* If many references for the same statement are suggested, they will show
as many statements with one reference each instead. The editing
functionality is there, but the UI needs to be improved.
* Label editing is pretty minimal, e.g., you cannot edit descriptions yet.
* If a suggestion (reference or additional statement value) is in a
collapsed panel in the UI, there is no indication of it.
Please report issues and requests through github:
== Next steps ==
* Address the open issues above (those that can be fixed in SQID)
* Add further editing controls (e.g., direct statement deletion)
* Add further suggestion sources
== Acks ==
This implementation was mainly done by Michael Günther. Many thanks are
also due to Magnus, whose Widar service for editing Wikidata is used to
make the actual changes in the back (so edits will get a Widar tag in
As usual, feedback is welcome.
Prof. Dr. Markus Kroetzsch
Knowledge-Based Systems Group
Center for Advancing Electronics Dresden (cfaed)
Faculty of Computer Science
+49 351 463 38486
Wikidata mailing list