We’re preparing for the November 2018 research newsletter and looking for contributors.
Please take a look at https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/WRN201811
and add your name next to
any paper you are interested in covering. Our target publication date is on December 2
UTC although actual publication might happen several days later. As usual, short notes and
one-paragraph reviews are most welcome.
Highlights from this month:
• Bot Detection in Wikidata Using Behavioral and Other Informal Cues
• Integrating Wikipedia Articles and Images into an Information Resource for Radiology
• It Was Fun, but Did It Last?: The Dynamic Interplay Between Fun Motives and
Contributors' Activity in Peer Production
• Operationalizing Conflict and Cooperation between Automated Software Agents in
Wikipedia: A Replication and Expansion of 'Even Good Bots Fight'
• Reciprocity and Donation: How Article Topic, Quality and Dwell Time Predict Banner
Donation on Wikipedia
• Toward an abstract Wikipedia
• With Few Eyes, All Hoaxes Are Deep
Masssly, Tilman Bayer and Dario Taraborelli