We’re preparing for the October 2018 research newsletter and looking for contributors.
Please take a look at https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/WRN201810
and add your name next to
any paper you are interested in covering. Our target publication date is on October 28
UTC although actual publication might happen several days later. As usual, short notes and
one-paragraph reviews are most welcome.
Highlights from this month:
- Deliberation and Resolution on Wikipedia: A Case Study of Requests for Comments
- Indigenizing Wikipedia: Student Accountability to Native American Authors on the
World’s Largest Encyclopedia
- Population preferences through Wikipedia edits
- Schema Inference on Wikidata
- Studying the Effect of Network Position on Efficiency: : A Case of Affiliation
Network Featured Article Promotion
- Volunteer Retention, Burnout and Dropout in Online Voluntary Organizations: Stress,
Conflict and Retirement of Wikipedians
- Welcome' Changes? Descriptive and Injunctive Norms in a Wikipedia Sub-Community
- Wikidata: A New Paradigm of Human-Bot Collaboration?
- World Influence of Infectious Diseases from Wikipedia Network Analysis
Masssly, Tilman Bayer and Dario Taraborelli