I just created a branch for the changes in zim format, we discussed at our
developer meeting. The branch is located in our repository under
I already checked in first changes. qunicode is removed from zimlib. Also
distinqushing between url and title is started.
I also decided to change the zint compression. The compression is now similar
to utf-8 and saves a little space compared to the old algorithm (about 2%).
The zint compression is used in the full text index currently.
We already discussed about using it in the directory entry also to save some
bytes. I'm not sure if it worth the trouble. It makes alternative
implementations more difficult. If alternative implementations do not care about
full text index or categories, they don't need to implement the zint
compression. On the other hand the code for it is straight forward and should
be easy to port.
The branch is not working yet. It may take some time until it will since I
have to implement the changes in the reader as well as the writer before I can
even start testing (other than verify, that it compiles). It was easier with
zeno when I started, since I had already working zeno files.
Show replies by date