Dear WOW, there is an ongoing discussion on Meta about how affiliates
should participate in board elections.
---------- Forwarded message ---------
Please follow this link to make proposals and discuss these questions
1. How can we ensure diverse representation among elected candidates?
The Board of Trustees noted the importance of selecting candidates who
represent the full diversity of the Wikimedia movement.
2. What are the expectations for the candidates during the elections?
Board candidates have traditionally completed applications and answered
community questions. How else might we get insight into candidates?
3. How should affiliates participate in the elections?
Two seats of the Board of Trustees due to be filled this year were last
filled in 2019 through the Affiliate-selected Board seats process. A change
in the Bylaws removed the distinction between community and affiliate seats
How should affiliates be involved in the selection of new seats?
The Board is seeking feedback about this last question especially from the
affiliate community. Everyone is invited to share proposals and join the
We have released the first minor release of libzim7 branch: libzim 7.1.0.
Nothing really big, here is the changelog:
* Fix dirent test on 32 bits architectures (@mgautierfr #632)
* Fix compilation on Alpine - with musl (@amirouche #649)
* Don't crash if ZIM without illustration nor X/W namespace
* Switch default suggestion operator to AND (@maneeshpm #644)
* Add a new method Archive::getMetadataItem (@mgautierfr #639)
* Better indexion criterias (@mgautierfr #642)
* Avoid duplicated archives in the searcher (@veloman-yunkan #648)
* Fix random entry (@veloman-yunkan #650)
* Various improvements.
- CI @mgautierfr #640, @kelson42 #638, @legoktm #654
- Doc @rgaudin #646
A new Python-libzim using it will be released soon and we are still
working on the libzim7 Node.js binding.
A small minor release 7.2.0 is already in the pipe and should be
released next week.
More info at: https://github.com/openzim/libzim
For the Kiwix team
Kiwix - Wikipedia Offline & more
* Web: https://kiwix.org/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/KiwixOffline
* Wiki: https://wiki.kiwix.org/