Le dim. 10 oct. 2021 à 17:11, Emmanuel Engelhart <kelson(a)kiwix.org> a
this is with a great joy that I can announce to you:
We have finally released the major version 7.0.0 of the libzim.
This is one of the biggest libzim releases we have ever made:
* Almost one year of effort
* ~100 tickets https://github.com/openzim/libzim/milestone/2?closed=1
* Code coverage increased from 50% to 85%
* 15K lines of code changed
This new release brings:
* A strongly rewritten new API: search engine, suggestions, creator, ...
* Most notable change is that now namespaces are "hidden" by the API
* Ability to add hints to articles
* New index with only the user visible/front articles
* Backward and forward compatibility is secured
* Other bug fixes and improvements, check
The ZIM file format specification has itself only changed a little, see:
A cascade of new releases will be done in the next weeks to bring all
the benefits of this latest libzim in both openZIM scrapers and Kiwix
I use the opportunity of this release to send a particular "Thank you!"
to the Wikimedia Foundation which has been supporting us for many years
now. This hard work on a low level library like the libzim would not
have been possible without its support.
For the Kiwix team
That is great ! I did not look at linked page yet. What are hints ?