We've released OOUI version 0.27.0 last evening. It will be in
MediaWiki core from 1.32.0-wmf.3, which will be deployed to Wikimedia
production in the regular train, starting on Tuesday 16 May. As there
are five breaking changes in this release, at least nominally, please
carefully consider if they affect your code.
Breaking changes since last release:
* GroupElement: Remove getItem(s)FromData (Prateek Saxena)
We rename a number of getters when asking for one of 0+ items for
This and the following two changes are all on this topic.
* MultiSelectWidget: Remove getSelectedItems and getSelectedItemsData
* SelectWidget: Remove getSelectedItem (Prateek Saxena)
* TagItemWidget: Replace 'disabled' items with 'fixed' (Moriel Schottlender)
For consistency of behavior and separation of UX concerns, we don't
allow for individual tag items in a TagMultiselectWidget to be
individually disabled. Instead, allow defining 'fixed' values that
cannot be removed. We are not aware of any instance of the
TagMultiselectWidget featuring 'disabled' items, nevertheless marking
it as breaking change.
* indicators: Remove 'alert', deprecated in v0.25.2 (James D. Forrester)
'alert' indicator has been deprecated a while ago and is unused in all
known implementations, therefore we've removed it completely.
Deprecations since last release:
* icons: Deprecate 'editing-citation' icons from 'content' (Volker E.)
We've added an explicit 'editing-citation' icon pack, that helps us
standardize citation icons. Therefore we have moved existing related
icons to its own pack.
* icons: Rename 'settings' to 'pageSettings' (Volker E.)
Clarify intended usage of icon by renaming it.
Please update your icon pack references accordingly in case you're
using one of those icons.
New features, icons and highlights in this release:
* An infusable PHP NumberInputWidget was implemented by volunteer mainframe98.
* icons: 'editing-citation' pack was added (Volker E.)
* ProcessDialog: Fix footer height when actions or dialog size changes
Additional details on 45 code-level and accessibility changes, 34
styling and interaction design amendments, and all improvements since
v0.26.0 are in the full changelog. If you have any further queries
or need help dealing with breaking changes, please let me know.
As always, library documentation is available on mediawiki.org, and
there is some comprehensive generated code-level documentation and
interactive demos hosted on doc.wikimedia.org.
Thanks to all contributors involved, especially volunteers mainframe98
and Daimona Eaytoy!
 - https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/diffusion/GOJU/browse/master/History.md
 - https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/OOUI
 - https://doc.wikimedia.org/oojs-ui/master/
Senior User Experience Engineer
volker.e(a)wikimedia.org | @Volker_E
I would like to share my deepest gratitude for everyone who responded to
the Wikimedia Communities and Contributors Survey. The survey has already
closed for this year. The quality of the results has improved because more
people responded. We heard from over 200 people who work in volunteer
developer spaces like Phabricator, IRC, Mediawiki, mailing lists, and many
others, which is a solid increase from last year.
We are working on analyzing the data already and hope to have something
published on meta in a couple months. Be sure to watch Community Engagement
for when we publish the reports. We will also message those individuals who
signed up on the thank you page or sent us an email to receive updates
about the report. Feel free to reach out to me directly at egalvez[at]
wikimedia.org or at my talk page on meta
Thank you again to everyone for sharing your opinions with us!
Evaluation Strategist, Surveys
Learning & Evaluation