After two days of code review, can't stand intermittent failures. Spent
last night figuring this out -- it's a bug in SQLite. Fixed it. Hooray!
Today: Some bugs from Sprint K.
Trying to help out Matthias with K1.
Finishing up view topic list (J2f). Need to do pagination. Everything's
done, doing php unit tests.
Today: J2b, opening the ToC dropdown.
Shahyar missed the meeting.
Code review, moved 5 cards to Product Review. Danny is appreciative.
Today: Look at the LQT --> Flow conversion script? Andrew is doing gradual
work on it, but we do need to push this through.
There's a question about K2 -- how do we make i18n work for "Edited
Finishing view topic list (J2f) -- want to reduce the requested content for
Had a meeting yesterday with Analytics PMs.
Talked about templating.
Working on the collapse patch (J2e). Need to figure out how collapsing a
hidden comment works.
Today: Review the patch to add back the workflow parameter to not break old
Also review the Mantle work.
Shahyar's having trouble with J2d triggering infinite scroll -- Matt will
check in with him and see if he can help.
K3 (run Flow unit tests w Parsoid) -- no response yet from Antoine.
How are we going to merge ToC patches? The API call can go out, because
it's not user-facing. Everything else needs to be done as one chunk.
Shahyar missed the meeting.
K2 (timestamps handling) is done, in code review.
Looked at K3 - Run Flow unit tests with Parsoid - we need help with Jenkins.
Today: K4 (new topic notifications).
Worked on K3 -- have an idea about how to make the unit tests work. Sent an
email to Antoine. Should be able to get that wrapped up.
Fixed another Parsoid bug - 70148.
Matt updated patch for updating topic list (J2f).
Working on J2d (ToC -- clicking on title beyond the next set). Has a WIP
patch, he'll put it on Gerrit. It's got a different spinner than in the
J2c (ToC clicking on topics) is pretty much the same as J2d; Danny will
merge the two checklists into a new, more powerful J2d.
Matt missed the meeting today.
Code review for tomorrow's deploy --> we're finishing up H8 (add
hide/delete to history page), I1 (hide topic) and J1 (hide comments). We
want to get these out in the world. :)
For J2e (retiring Collapse topic feature) -- make sure that we don't lose
the single-comment collapse for the updated Hide comments feature (J1).
Shahyar may have to update his J2e patch.
J2a (ToC fixed header bar) is up now.
J2d (Clicking on topic beyond the next set) needs to finish rebasing. There
were a lot of dependencies. A lot of patches in Gerrit now have changed
Today: finish J2d, Krinkle patch.
Finished J2f (topic title API), in code review.
Today: follow up and try to finish J2f completely.
Help out with code review, esp want to look at H8.
After code review -- J2b (opening ToC dropdown)
Worked on K1 (automatic edit summaries).
Still an open question about how to show the truncated body. Erik & Danny
have a suggestion -- just
Tomorrow: something else from K column.
Worked on K2 (timestamps for editing post) -- ran into some problems,
switched timestamp handling to core JS library for timestamp localization.
Planning to put that up today.
Today: Code review for H8. Both Matthias and Matt's patches have questions,
he'll check those out.
Worked on J2f - backend API
When that's done, move on to code review and then J2b - ToC - opening
Lots of code review today
Tomorrow: refactoring CirrusSearch work
S recommends K1 (automatic edit summaries) before search
J2a (ToC header bar w fixed header) -- work is done, patch going up this
J2c (ToC clicking on title accessible) -- work is done, patch going up this
J2d (clicking on a topic beyond the next set) -- working on this
Remove old ToC -- is that code still there? Is this already done?
The sprint K kickoff was a little sparse today -- we were down 3 out of 7
people for various reasons, but we stumbled through.
The new sprint is pretty dominated by ongoing projects held over from
Sprint J. The OOJS patches are done, but there's still cards in code review
from H, I and J, which need to move through now that the OOJS transition is
The two ongoing projects that we want to finish this sprint are the Table
of Contents and the LQT-to-Flow transition.
On LQT, Erik and Andrew have been doing a lot of work testing the
conversion script, and it's looking very good -- board history is much
improved today. Erik said that the main issue that still needs to get fixed
is resilience -- if the process stops in the middle, there's no way to
restart it to pick up from the point of failure. Erik and Andrew talked
this afternoon, so for all I know maybe that's fixed already.
New stuff for sprint K -- automatic edit summaries for create topic and
edit post, making "edited by Username" timestamps, and fixing the links for
new topics items on Special:Notifications. We left the OfficeWiki
deployment work in the backlog -- we may wait until the LQT script is ready
before we move to Office.
In other news -- Matt is going to be the front-end lead from now on, and
he'll be able to set the front-end direction. We should have a team
conversation at some point about what tech lead / front-end lead means on
Also, the deployment date will switch to Wednesday next week, hooray, so
we'll have to adjust our sprint dates back a day. That is all of the
interesting things that I know.
Worked on LQT conversion script, cleaned up a few more bugs.
Handed a few pieces off to Andrew -- retrying requests when the API request
fails for some reason, and remembering what's been imported if it stops
midway through. Andrew said he can take care of those pieces.
A bunch of code review.
Started working on J2-f, backend API for topic titles, used in the Table of
Looked into browser test failures. Fixed a problem with MW-ui on Labs.
Clarification fix on Style guide.
Matt will look at Jon's mantle patch; Eric looked at it yesterday, and it
Today: working on J2-f, plus code review to get the older cards into
Finishing up basics of J2-a. Doesn't include the scroll menu of the actual
topics, which is J2-b. He'll break it off today, so that it can go into
code review. S points otu that the sorting heading goes away when the
header fixes to the top.
Topic moderation patches finished.
Looking at LQT script -- found a few bugs, but it's working -- did a whole
page of topics.
Danny asks: can we see this on ee-flow?
Today - LQT and whatever bugs we find for tomorrow's deploy.
OOJS is merged! Moving out of code review.
A few patches will be +2 and merged.
Matt asks about collapsing patch, J-2e -- is that part of Shahyar's patch?
SG will check it out.
Figured out with Shahyar
Merged LQT API patch
Put up code hygiene patch for our storage API
Today: Work on ToC stuff in Trello
Manually tested OOJS patch, it works
Tomorrow: Address some code review feedback, then search.
Yesterday, reviewing and testing LQT conversion script.
Reviewed main patch, which Andrew updated. Both patches are vrery close to
Also: meeting about Phabricator & talked with Shahyar about ToC.
Finished css Janus change for RTL Wikipedia support.
S says that if we feel good about Andrew's patch, we can backport it today
in the deployment window and then use it to test out the conversion. Matt
will check it out and make sure it's okay to deploy on production.
Then, if there's time: J-2b and J-2f -- opening the ToC and API for listing
A couple issues that Scrutinizer reported, removed some dead code.
Then code review.
Tomorrow -- working on the presentation for next week's Wikimania Holland
Put up an update to OOJS patch. Matt did an in-depth review of the code,
Shahyar responded to all of it. We need to get this reviewed and merged by
the end of the day.
J-2a (ToC header bar) still needs a little work -- putting it in the In
Development column -- so he can focus on finishing up OOJS.
I-1 (hide topic) and J-1 (hide comments) are both done, in code review.
Currently not passing in Jenkins, need to rebase for OOJS patch.
72280: Low priority
72277: Fatal error, broken functionality
72233: Notifications for new topics don't have a clickable link -- Danny
will make this a card for the next sprint.
72225: Shows links in special pages -- not hard to fix that with a filter.
72194: S says we should have a metric to make sure we're paying attention
to our performance.
Worked on add UserMerge support for Flow (for Dan G and Kunal).
Today -- Test UserMerge on beta, finish that today.
Then work on Hide comments.
Full review of OOJS and LQT patches.
Next: Testing on LQT
Also: Finish the css Janus to fix the Hebrew bugs
Matt & Shahyar will talk later today about splitting up the ToC.
Rebased patch for OOJS - editing long topic title bug.
Today: working on scrutinizer (what is this? S hasn't heard of it before)
Danny & S say: OOJS is the most important thing to do -- this needs to be
passing qunit tests and finished as soon as possible.
Working on J-2a (table of contents header bar). Should have that done
Out for a dentist appt for a few hours today.