Based on our discussions over the past few weeks, here is a quick overview of our plans for the Editor Engagement Features team (E2) in this quarter (January-March 2013).
Our team's overall goal for 2012-2013 is to help reverse Wikipedia's editor decline by building features that can recruit new editors and retain existing editors. To that end, we are working on these key quarterly milestones for January-March 2013:
• Expand first beta version on MediaWiki.org, with better features for new editors
• Deploy a limited release of Echo on the English Wikipedia by the end of the quarter
• Create a design spec and product plan for user-to-user messaging on talk pages
• Discuss designs and plans with the community through a variety of channels
Article Feedback v5:
• Complete and test final features, code refactoring and database cluster
• Prepare for deployment on multiple sites, once approved by their communities
Our strategy planning page includes roadmaps and timelines for each of these projects, for discussion purposes. Please note that goals beyond this quarter are approximate and subject to change, as our plans get periodically adjusted.
Our current plans are also outlined in these slides:
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments or suggestions about our plans for the current quarter, which are now well under way. We expect to conduct another planning update next quarter, based on discussions with our teams and communities.
All the best,
Product Manager, Editor Engagement