(As Soon As Reasonable)
On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 11:02 AM, Matthew Flaschen <mflaschen(a)wikimedia.org>
Fixed the PageTriage bug that was making it unusable (though another one
> cropped up soon after), then deployed that ...
enwiki users found another issue with PageTriage: all the dialogs with text
fields fail. So it's not completely broken but about half the actions on
the page curation toolbar fail. Page curators can't curate over the
I made an easy fix https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T78592 and Kaldari
graciously +2d it. It seems a safe deploy, but we have no deploys scheduled
and no Release Manager around.
In #wikimedia-operations ori commented "Just do it", so I'm exercising
judgement here and going for it.
=S Page Collaboration team engineer
I created a prototype to illustrate some of the concepts for searching a
The basic ideas are:
- Show first result as soon as you type and avoid context changes (i.e.,
highlighting the matches on top of the current conversation instead of
going through a specific "results page")
- Integrate search with table of contents. The table of contents can act
as a de-facto search results summary you can open after searching to have
an overview of the topics where your query was found (and information on
whether some of these topics were in your watchlist or you participated in
Note that the prototype is intended to reflect the basic interaction
elements so several aspects are missing or broken. It also simulates a
limited workflow, so you may want to follow these instructions:
1. This is a flow board about the Rapa Nui article. Please, access the
list of all topics and go back to the flow board (the prototype won't let
you jump to a specific topic).
2. Search for "moai" to find out which conversations are related to
those nice statues.
1. You can go through the results by the next/previous controls or by
3. While you are searching, get an overview on which topics are related
to your search.
Feel free to provide any feedback. At this moment we are specially
interested in usecases for search where this model may not work, so
examples to illustrate those would be really useful.
We started Sprint O today -- a short-ish sprint, because of All-Hands, Dev
Summit and related travel.
The big-picture items for Sprint O are to code review, merge and release
all of the ToC v1 stuff, fix board history pagination, and help Co-op get
their Flow-creation bot to work.
Reviewed Erik's code, merged part of ToC
Today: finish ToC merge.
Friday, reviewed ToC
Working on fataling history page on OfficeWiki 78103 (Unbreak now)
Figured out problem with ToC gap handling -- still needs some work. (We'll
take this up in another sprint.)
looking at job candidate task -- we need to add some kind of design task to
it. Danny & Erik will talk about that today.
Sent email about ContentHandler & content model to wikitech-l -- got a
response from Brad about where to post the info. If no one complains, it
can be done Wed or Thurs.
Working on CirrusSearch, so that it indexes in batches
Updated Spec:FlowSearch so it works with the new code -- can merge it to
flow-tests when Matt has the current ToC merged.
Figured out how to return the correct number of highlights, that should
land very soon
Didn't get around to emailing Nik & Chad yet, will do that tomorrow.
Finishing up ToC.
Today: Merging Erik's fix for duplicate topics (Unbreak now bug)
Also, merge ToC
Small patch for bug we found on topics not showing up after 50 deleted
Also working on a patch to make tweaks on pagination -- better exception
Today - code review on Matthias' search work.
Working on the last bugs for Table of Contents v1 -- the fix for the topic
titles not being properly scrolled in the panel caused a different problem.
He has an idea for how to hack something together; Matt and Danny agreed
that he should spend one more day trying the new idea, and if it doesn't
work by tomorrow's standup, then we'll figure out which way to punt on it.
Also: Updated API to get topic titles, fixed some updating issues in the
Fixed PHP unit test failure
Search configuration script work looks like it's done! (For now)
Tomorrow: reaching out to Chad and Nik, to review and figure out the next
Also: looking at Search prototype and plan to see what's coming up.
Back from break, hooray.
Going to look over the Co-op's host bot today, to make sure we're making
(Erik/S/Danny will talk to RobLa tomorrow about what to do with the
Will also look at bugs that are currently marked as Unbreak now on the
Talked about T78348 <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T78348> -- Keyboard
icon overlapping with the buttons. Danny will talk to Jared about how to
proceed with it.
Worked on a couple jquery fixes, because users were starting to get
Put up 2 patches -- one for MoodBar, and one for Flow.
Deployed the MoodBar fix via swot.
Fixed last issue of ToC -- making it work with Recently Active sorting.
New version on flow-tests; that wraps up the MVP for Table of Contents.
Today: Get the ToC-only API working, then Matt will start merging to master.
Continued work on search configuration script. Reindexing is working.
Tomorrow: more work on the script. Hope to have it done by tomorrow evening!
Then Nick & Chad can review everything.
Erik comes back on Friday.
Mostly worked on ToC
Fixed jitter issue -- caused by an infinite loop to the scroll handler.
New version is up on flow-tests.
Nick reported an issue with the update order.
We are pretty close to minimum viable product.
T78787: Worked on configuration maintenance script for search -- it runs!
With default parameters, the script works. Highlighting config should be in
place. Will do more testing & checking the parameters tomorrow.
There's a dependency on T78786.
Erik is out until Friday.
S has moved to his new position (hooray), and he's helping out this week as
the rest of us figure out how to live without him. :)