Greetings for the New Year 2022!
We are excited to announce that submission for session proposals has been opened for Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2022, the upcoming online wiki-event which is to be conducted from 18 – 20 February 2022 during the occasion of International Mother Language Day. The submission will remain open until 23 January 2022.
You can submit your session proposals here -
A program team has been formed recently from highly experienced Wikimedia volunteers within and outside India. It is currently under the process of expansion to include more diversity in the team. The team will evaluate the submissions, accept, modify or reject them, design and finalise the program schedule by the end of January 2022. Details about the team will come soon.
Guidelines for submissions:
* The sessions will be on any Wikimedia related topics.
* Submissions are not restricted to India. Wikimedians from outside India are also welcome to submit proposals.
* The decision to accept or reject a submission will depend on the Program Team. Their decision will be final.
* The event will have different formats of sessions, like presentations, workshops, panel discussions and 5-minutes lightning talks.
* All sessions will be conducted online.
* The organisers will provide the support to help the presenter understand the use of online platforms like Zoom etc prior to the event..
* The organisers will also communicate with the presenter prior to the event to help understand the entire process, or for general preparation.
* A session can be around 20 minutes long or more. A lightning talk should be no longer than 5 minutes.
* There can be more than one presenter in one session. Feel free to make a group for your session.
* The presenters for long duration sessions must ensure that they will be available for the preparation and during their sessions.
* The presenters for lightning talks however can pre-record their sessions earlier, if they want and send it to the organizers to play the recording during their allotted time.
* A session will be conducted in English or any Indian language.
* Similar topics may be grouped together, or format may be changed by the program team. The program team will contact the session presenters if those decisions are taken.
We are sure that you will share some of your most inspiring stories and conduct some really exciting sessions during the event.
Our fist newsletter also is published here -
Best wishes for your submissions!
(On behalf of WMWM India 2022)