I'm wondering if we still need to support PHP 5.3.
I'd rather bump the minimum version up to PHP 5.5, and know people have
been talking about doing the same for MediaWiki itself. My question is if
this can already be done without making Wikibase undeployable on WMF
servers. Is everything running HHVM yet, or is there some stuff relevant to
Wikibase that still runs an unsupported version of PHP?
Jeroen De Dauw - http://www.bn2vs.com
Software craftsmanship advocate
Evil software architect at Wikimedia Germany
There's an ongoing discussion in ops about improving the dump process, see
I would like to join in and add our requirements and thoughts to the list, and
would like some input on that. So far I have:
Make it easier to register a new type of dump via a config change.
A dump should define:
* a script(s) to run
* output file(s)
* the dump schedule
* a short name
* brief description (wikitext or HTML? translatable?)
* required input files (maybe)
Make clear timelines of consistent dumps.
* drop the misleading "one dir with one timestamp for all dumps" appraoch
* have one timeline per dump instead
* for dumps that are guaranteed to be consistent (one generated from the other),
generate a timeline of directories with symlinks to the actual files.
Make dumps discoverable:
* There should be a machine readable overview of which dumps exist in which
versions for each project.
* This overview should be a JSON document (may even be static)
* Perhaps we also want a DCAT-AP description of our dumps
Promote stable URLs:
* The latest dump of any type should be available under a stable, predictable URL.
* TBD: "latest" URL could point to a symlink, get rewritten to the actual file,
or trigger an HTTP redirect.
Thoughts? Comments? Additions?
Senior Software Developer
Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V.
Your Wikibase installation will now require you to include its
entrypoint. (No change needed for production.)
If you didn't already have something like this in your LocalSettings.php
you now need to:
Change that caused this: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/217947/
There might be future changes in this area, for switching to
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Extension_registration but those
should hopefully be backwards compatible to the above.
Please see the lower portion of the commit message of this change which has
now been merged:
I don't image this will break anything really, unless scripts are written
expecting 'claim' as the type here.