I'm wondering if we still need to support PHP 5.3.
I'd rather bump the minimum version up to PHP 5.5, and know people have
been talking about doing the same for MediaWiki itself. My question is if
this can already be done without making Wikibase undeployable on WMF
servers. Is everything running HHVM yet, or is there some stuff relevant to
Wikibase that still runs an unsupported version of PHP?
Jeroen De Dauw - http://www.bn2vs.com
Software craftsmanship advocate
Evil software architect at Wikimedia Germany
I'm working at Dailymotion and we are currently using Freebase to gather information about Topic mentioned in our video catalogue:
* It is used upon upload where user can enter tags on video (list of tag is based on Freebase's topic list)
* It is also used to create pages around a topic and thus classifies videos (example: http://www.dailymotion.com/us/topic/01mpq7s-beyonce-knowles)
Note that this project is only on Beta version on our side.
However, we have closely followed the announcement around the migration to Wikidata and have some questions:
* Can you confirm what is the new planning as it is said Freebase would still exists after the 30th of June 2015?
* I suppose API calls would not remain the same. Would there be a mapping provided to ease the switch?
* Would the entire set of topics included in Freebase be migrated to Wikidata? If not, how the selection would be done?
* For a given topic, is there some information that would not be integrated in Wikidata (for example: alias, official_website,...)
Many thanks in advance for your feedback on that.
Laura Dominique | Head of Relevant Content
140, boulevard Malesherbes, 75017 Paris, France | Mobile : +33 (0)6 29 45 24 22
dailymotion.com<http://www.dailymotion.com/> | Find us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/dailymotionFrance> | Follow us on Twitter<https://twitter.com/dailymotion>
is there an alternative to MediaWiki Api wbformatvalue
function in Wikidata Toolkit?
Currently I search for items with the help of MediaWiki Api
<http://www.wikidata.org/w/api.php> and parse them as a list of
JacksonItemDocuments. Actually, at this point I already have the
required information. But now I have to do another query to format the
value by calling wbformatvalue. What I could do (if WikidataToolkit
supports it) is extract and format the value from JacksonItemDocument
Thanks in advance