The key to getting good user reviews is to get trounced by beta
testers' feedback :) So please help us push out a solid release by
helping with testing! Today we've betas of the Wikipedia iOS and
Android apps for you to test and give us feedback on.
## What to test?
The biggest change in this version is the move to the new
Mobile-specific APIs and the new mobile styles. Try to use the app as
you normally would -
* look up stuff via search
* use the Nearby Me features to explore
* save pages
* read pages later when offline
* share pages via various social media services
* tap on references to see them (a small overlay will pop up showing
them to you)
* read the current article in other languages
* change the content language via Settings, and try doing all of the above
* anything else you could try to think of!
1. The app initially loads with no content. A static page will be
introduced by next beta
2. The main page is not the mobile main page.
3. Image links are handled only for english wikipedia.
All of these have fixes being worked on, and will be gone by next beta.
## How to test?
1. Download http://dumps.wikimedia.org/android/Wikipedia-v1.2-beta1.apk
into your Android device
2. Open it in your device to install it!
If you have not already given us your device's UDID, you need to do
so. Follow the instructions at
to get started!
If you have already given us your Device's UDID (yay!) it is much simpler:
1. Download http://dumps.wikimedia.org/iOS/Wikipedia-v3.2-beta1.ipa
2. Connect your iOS device to the computer
3. Open iTunes
4. Drag the IPA to the 'Apps' section of your device
## How to provide feedback?
You can provide us feedback in multiple ways:
1. Email us at mobile-feedback-l(a)lists.wikimedia.org
2. Add it to the wiki page:
3. Find us on IRC - #wikimedia-mobile on freenode
Yuvi Panda T