The Wikipedia for Android app has been released on Google Play, to
generally very positive reviews. Thanks to everyone for helping test
Pre-release testing of the Wikipedia for iOS app found a bunch of
bugs, which we've fixed. However, the fix necessitated an upgrade of
our underlying Platform (PhoneGap) from 1.4.1 to 1.7. This is a
reasonably big change, and would be awesome if you guys could spare a
few minutes and test it out.
Instructions on installing this on your device:
If you have already given us your Device's UDID (yay!) it is much simpler:
1. Download http://dumps.wikimedia.org/iOS/Wikipedia-iOS-3.2RC4.ipa
2. Connect your iOS device to the computer
3. Open iTunes
4. Drag the IPA to the 'Apps' section of your device
If your device's UDID has not been added, please email me or
tfinc(a)wikimedia.org and we'll add it for you. Instructions on finding
your UDID here:
Major things to test:
1. Saved pages persist across app restarts. Save Page, Force close the
app (not just minimize it (https://support.apple.com/kb/ht5137)) and
open app again -> saved pages list is not empty.
2. Sharing via Facebook. First time you'd be asked to log in, and
depending on your OS version might have to hit share again.
3. Sharing via Twitter - only on iOS5+
4. Opening external links - should open fine in Safari
5. Scrolling - on articles large and small.
6. Upgrade testing. This tests the 'Upgrade' process from an older
version of the app to the newer version, so that saved pages are
has instructions on how to do this.
Thanks for your help!
Yuvi Panda T
I have just noticed that I'm not redirected to the mobile version
automatically on the Sony PRS-T1 ebook reader.
I'd suggest to that as the screen is really too small for the full version.
The User-Agent is
"Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; en-us; EBRD1101; EXT) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML,
like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1"
The Windows 8 tablet app started crashing on launch a couple days ago, due
to not handling a slightly different link structure in some of our data
I have a fix now ready, currently waiting on Windows Store approval.