[QA] RVM and/or rbenv

Željko Filipin zfilipin at wikimedia.org
Wed Jul 2 11:11:14 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 9:21 PM, Dan Duvall <dduvall at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> RVM implements:
> (...)
>       - traverses directories upward for .ruby-version and .ruby-gemset
> files

It also supports Gemfile[1], and we use that feature.

> Anyway, sorry for the long read. It really comes down to preference for
> developers, and my preference is usually for tools that are less intrusive.
> That's why I now use rbenv over RVM for local development.

Thanks for the long reply! :)

So, for the near future, we will leave it to every developer to pick a tool
for their development machine, and we are using system ruby on
servers/vagrant?

rbenv looks interesting, the next time I set up a machine I will set it up
instead of rvm and try it out.

Željko
--
1: https://rvm.io/workflow/projects