[Foundation-l] Board statement of responsibility

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Wed May 21 18:13:39 UTC 2008

--- On Wed, 5/21/08, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Foundation-l] Board statement of responsibility
> Date: Wednesday, May 21, 2008, 12:57 PM
> I wonder what the rest of the Board thinks about this? I
> personally would
> prefer and ask that no document be signed by any board
> members without the
> unanimous consent of the Board, and that this not be
> presented as a
> requirement for any new Board members. Are there
> alternative versions of
> this statement? Are Mike and Sue open to reviewing
> alternative versions
> presented?

"Some time ago, the board received a new draft of its future "board statement of responsibility".[1]

"It is worth noting that this is a very preliminary draft"[2]

"What Florence has now shared is the first draft of that document. We're not at a stage of voting on or signing this either."[3]

I interperted all the emphasis on "draft" to mean that it is negotiable. And of course my speculation about about how things might work and the approach I might try is, as always, just speculation.  I think I failed to fill up that last email with all the "I imagine" and "seems" that I normally go back and add.

Brigitte SB

[1]http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2008-May/042984.html
[2]http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2008-May/042997.html
[3]http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2008-May/043026.html