We've had at least a couple of site outages which we believe are due
to l10nupdate. The root cause is identified in a fairly old
ResourceLoader bug that seems to be biting us a little harder than it
Disabling l10nupdate means that changes from Translatewiki.net will
not propagate to our websites as quickly as they normally do.
Depending on how long it takes us to fix this, it could be multiple
Brad Jorsch is going to take a closer look at this issue
today/tomorrow, and hopefully identify the root cause. If he's able
to find the cause quickly, we may not need to disrupt the service, but
we're going to plan for the worst here.
Thanks (in advance) for your patience!
Here are the highlights of the WMF Engineering roadmap updates for
today focusing on major activities in April:
* iOS upload app delayed due to appstore snafu
* Community testing around Mobile this month
* build out for ULSFO datacenter, RFP for hardware in progress
* Redis JobQueue
* (finish) review/fixing of Score and Vipscaler extensions
* TranslateUX improvements are out
* IE fixes will be rolled out today (4/10)
Full details at:
(shorturl: http://goo.gl/7611Q )
| Greg Grossmeier GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| identi.ca: @greg A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |