Google Code-in is an annual contest for 13-17 year old students. It
will take place from Nov28 to Jan17 and is not only about coding tasks.
While we wait whether Wikimedia will get accepted:
* You have small, self-contained bugs you'd like to see fixed?
* Your documentation needs specific improvements?
* Your user interface has small design issues?
* Your Outreachy/Summer of Code project welcomes small tweaks?
* You'd enjoy helping someone port your template to Lua?
* Your gadget code uses some deprecated API calls?
* You have tasks in mind that welcome some research?
Also note that "Beginner tasks" (e.g. "Set up Vagrant" etc) and
"generic" tasks are very welcome (e.g. "Choose & fix 2 PHP7 issues
from the list in https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T120336
Because we will need hundreds of tasks. :)
And we also have more than 400 unassigned open 'easy' tasks listed:
Would you be willing to mentor some of those in your area?
Please take a moment to find / update [Phabricator etc.] tasks in your
project(s) which would take an experienced contributor 2-3 hours. Check
and please ask if you have any questions!
For some achievements from last round, see
Andre Klapper | Wikimedia Bugwrangler