Sprint 1 - Report
The first sprint lasted from September 1 to September 21. Active team members in this sprint was Maarten, Dan, David and Valentine.
The goal of the sprint was:
• √ To create a first rough but prioritised backlog of User Epics and User Stories
• √ To get a virtual Scrum environment up and running and agree on a first small set of rules for our Scrum process
• √ To get a project site up and running, http://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM/Toolset_project
• x To create a Table of Contents for the GLAM requirements report
• √ To submit a proposal to Wikimedia CH to join the project, http://members.wikimedia.ch/Call_for_Projects_2013/GLAMwiki_toolset
• √ To review the templates used for media content and authorities in Wikimedia Commons, https://www.assembla.com/spaces/glamwiki/wiki/First_feedback_on_templates_i…
• √ To get local development environments up and running
• x To get a development and server environment up and running on Wikimedia Labs
• √ To review and dissect exsiting code libraries for batching to Wikimedia Commons
• √ To get a first extremely simple upload app working
√ items have been completed
x items have not been completed
with kind regards,
screenshots from the local developer environment illustrating the use of the current gwtoolset.
as some of you may already know, the GLAMwiki Toolset Project, http://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM/Toolset_project, is a collaboration between Wikimedia Nederland, Wikimedia UK, Wikimedia France and Europeana, with the goal of providing a set of tools to get materials from GLAM institutions onto Wikimedia Commons in a way that reuse can easily be tracked, and that Commons materials can easily be integrated back into the collection of the original GLAM or even other GLAMs.
as part of our initial goal of creating a GLAM Upload System, we are looking to gather Wikimedia community input on the proposed architecture and technologies. if you have time and interest, please take a look and let us know your thoughts,http://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM/Toolset_project/Request_fo….
with kind regards,