The best way to work with us is to join us in IRC. We use an IRC chatroom
as a sort of open office. It's a great way to communicate with us and ask
questions. But it's also an old clunky technology so you might run into
Are you familiar with IRC? If so, here's what you need to know:
- Network: Freenode
- Channel: #wikimedia-ai
If not, well, IRC is a chatroom based system that uses "commands" to
register, log in, and perform other functions. The fastest way to get set
up is to connect with a web client, register your "nickname", and then join
1. Go to https://webchat.freenode.net
2. Type in a "Nick" that you expect to be unique and click Start (Note
the "I have a password" field but ignore it for now)
3. Once the client loads up, click on the "Freenode" channel on the left
4. Type '/msg NickServ REGISTER "mypassword" myemail(a)domain.com'
type a password and your email address.
5. You should now have an email from Freenode's NickServ where you can
6. Go back to https://webchat.freenode.net
1. Check the "I have a password" box and type the password you set
for your account.
2. Also type "#wikimedia-ai" into the channel box
3. Hit Start
You should now be in our channel. If you type someone's nickname, they'll
hear a "ping" on their side. My name is "halfak". Type my name when
arrive and if I'm available, I'll guide you further. Sorry this is such a
On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 9:01 AM K. Kaushik Reddy <reddykaushik18(a)gmail.com>
This is Kaushik Reddy from Amrita University, Bangalore. I'm a CS grad and
freshly introduced to the facinating world of machine learning. I have an
intermediate experience with Python 3. I have good basic idea on
Scikit-learn. Being new to such a platform (not to OSS though :) ). I would
like to work on few beginner-level bug issues. It would be great if you
could help in directing me to a bug issue that need to be solved. My only
request is to please qlarify my questions when I get stuck some where.
Hope you would support me and do the needy.