[Wikisource-l] quality0 and transclusion

Alex Brollo alex.brollo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 05:49:49 UTC 2010

2010/9/16 John Vandenberg <jayvdb at gmail.com>

> This is a good idea in general.
>
> However, I suspect that pages consisting only of images have been
> marked on en.ws as quality0.

Yes,you're right; really there's some ambiguity in the meaning of Quality0,
it can be used to mark pages that need no transclusion (sometimes, not
empty, i.e. "ex libris" image or  editor's advertising) or pages that need
no proofreading/validation (pages without text, both empty or containing
images only).

So, conventions and exact meaning of Quality0 are to be clearly states
before ThomasV change is introduced.

Nevertheless, I'm going to think that proofread, Index-Page version is going
to be te real core of wikisource work, and that ns0 tranclusion could be
considered merely one from many possible derived works (I deeply appreciate
Magnus viewer), therefore any good, useful data added into Index-Page
version is very important.

Alex