[Wikipedia-l] Total size of the Wikipedia (snapshot)?

Luna lunasantin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 00:35:38 UTC 2007

On 1/12/07, Jon Noring <jon at noring.name> wrote:

> So it looks like 10 gigabytes is a very rough estimate.
>
> Am I anywhere close? Or am I forgetting something?

Other important factors might include whether we'd be including page
histories and logs in the size estimate -- page history, of course, includes
every version of a page ever produced, so I'd imagine the amount of
available text would see a pretty big increase. Deleted edits (or even
media) would likewise make a pretty decent jump, I bet, but the case for
including those is a bit more slim.

But overall, the specifics on this subject are pretty far from the sort of
things I really know about.

-Luna