[Wikipedia-l] Re: Sanger's memoirs

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 04:12:06 UTC 2005

> >I had begun to tire of Phil Sandifer's endless attacks on your
> >character. I don't believe these will continue in your presence.
> >

> I see no reason for them not to.

I do. He's made his point. He doesn't like Larry. Good for him.

> It's quite clear that Larry Sanger has not put in a minute on Wikipedia for which he was not paid.

I'll leave that for Larry to respond to.

> He resigned and ended all involvement with the project immediately after he stopped receiving a paycheck for it,

Again, Larry can respond to that.

> and his contact with the project since then has primarily taken the form of either attacking it or claiming credit for various parts of it (while still not actually being involved in it).

Perhaps you didn't see Jimbo's message. The things Larry says
critically about Wikipedia aren't "attacks". They aren't intended
maliciously.

The whole Wikipedia-l Attack Squad just loves to portray people in
such caricatural ways - I remember when I was portrayed over and over
as a snot-nosed little kid who liked to spam people and scream and
shout and attack people personally.

You guys make Larry into a greedy, despicable man who has hated
Wikipedia all along but stuck with it because it was profitable, and
since then has done everything in his power to bring about its
destruction. According to you guys, he also walks around telling
people how he started Wikipedia, and cackling maniacally at the end of
every other sentence.

This has got to stop.

(the other) Mark

--
SI HOC LEGERE SCIS NIMIVM ERVDITIONIS HABES
QVANTVM MATERIAE MATERIETVR MARMOTA MONAX SI MARMOTA MONAX MATERIAM