[Wikipedia-l] Update request for Irish Wikipedia

Gabriel Beecham gabriel_beecham at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 29 22:38:47 UTC 2004

The LanguageGa.php file (at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/LanguageGa.php) has
been in need of update for the past couple of months,
as not only are there corrections of spelling and
grammar but the Template and Category namespaces are
redefined. I have posted requests both here and at
Meta-Wiki before to have the live version of the file
synchronised with the newer version, but to no
success.

I know that Ga is not alone in requiring updates to
its localisations, and I know that developers' time is
like gold-dust (and that they're worth their weight in
the stuff), but it hasn't been taken well at
ga.wikipedia that alterations suggested months ago
still haven't been uploaded. (A number of the changes
could be made using the MediaWiki namespace, but their
number is so great that it would be preferable to have
the messages overwritten in one go if possible. And at
any rate there would still be the other php-only
changes to be made.)

On another matter, can someone tell me to what
MediaWiki messages the days and months were moved when
they were made MediaWiki messages a while ago?

Many thanks, as always.
---------
Gabriel Beecham
bureaucrat, ga.wikipedia/sysop, eo.wikipedia
m:User:Kwekubo