[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia.ru & Wikimedia.de

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 8 03:12:34 UTC 2003

Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> Not needed. Unregistered trademarks are legal in the US
> and EU countries so if  they want to travel to these nations
> then they should respect our trademark.
>
>Stop the fucking FUD, ok ?
>
>Nobody's going to be arrested abroad for breaking
>laws that don't even exist in one's own country
>while being in it.

Stop fucking the strawman; nowhere was the word "arrested" used in my
statement and you can't get arrested for violating trademark law anyway. The
assets you hold or take with you in the nation you violated the law under may
be levied for damages and you may be prevented from doing business in the
same nation, however. But we needn't get to that.

-- mav