[Wikipedia-l] tarball

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Tue Jan 29 03:58:17 UTC 2002

On ven, 2002-01-25 at 16:22, Jimmy Wales wrote:
> I think /pages/ is the latest and greatest.  The 'keep' files are, uh, I'm not
> sure what exactly.
>
> I guess everything is changing pronto, though!  I'll make sure your tarball is
> downloadable, but since we've changed software the old tarball will be increasingly
> irrelevant.
>
> We'll have to put together a new tarball of the mysql database.

The tarballs are still broken. http://www.wikpedia.com/tarballs/ gives a
403 Forbidden error; if you know the filenames you can still get a
particular tarball, but they don't seem to be getting updated. The
Esperanto wikipedia has added a lot of content since January 9; it would
be nice to be able to get a current tarball for backup and testing the
conversion to the new software.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)