[Wikipedia-l] tarball

David Merrill david at lupercalia.net
Sat Jan 26 04:06:33 UTC 2002

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 04:22:38PM -0800, Jimmy Wales wrote:
> I think /pages/ is the latest and greatest.  The 'keep' files are, uh, I'm not
> sure what exactly.
>
> I guess everything is changing pronto, though!  I'll make sure your tarball is
> downloadable, but since we've changed software the old tarball will be increasingly
> irrelevant.
>
> We'll have to put together a new tarball of the mysql database.

I assume the format will not be changing? If so, I'll wait until it's
settled down.

I will also look at the /pages/ directory. I don't remember why I
didn't think that was right. IIRC, it was because it contained lots
of:

>foo
<bar

type of stuff, which made me assume it was "changes". But I'll look at
it again. Is there a webpage which describes the file formats and
stuff, or do I need to go through the code?

Thanks a lot, Jimbo. I appreciate the help.

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   david at lupercalia.net

Like any dictatorship, when things start to get tough Microsoft is going to
discover that it has lots of allies, but very few friends.
	--Dan Gillmor, San Jose Mercury Columnist