[Wikipedia-l] wiki source cvs

David Merrill david at lupercalia.net
Sat Jan 12 18:58:36 UTC 2002

The LDP is talking about whether to set up our own Wiki project for
working on HOWTOs. There seems to be quite a bit of interest. I don't
know what will come of it yet. I asked whether they're interested in
using Wikipedia, but I suspect we need real-time updates and stuff
like that, so it wouldn't work very well. Let me know how you feel
about this though. We're still discussing it ourselves.

If we were to do that, we would need the licensing situation finally
established in concrete terms, as well as attribution requirements.
Any really big attribution would be an annoyance, but we'd want to
make sure Wikipedia got a mention in all HOWTOs worked on that way.
The big table would be overkill imho.

But if we do, I would like to use the Wikipedia software. We want to
use the current editing capabilities to output DocBook format, as in:

=Title=

Foo

Bar

becomes:

<sect1><title>Title</title>

<para>Foo</para>

<para>Bar</para>

</sect1>

and so on. How is the software licensed, and can I get access to the
cvs? I don't think I'll need commit rights. I'll fix any bugs I run
into and send a patch if that happens.

Thanks,

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net