[Wikipedia-l] Re:Junking Spanish Wikipedia?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Aug 15 15:01:28 UTC 2002

>>They also seem to not like the fact that a "American for-profit .com company
>>that wants to establish a presence in the educational market* controls
>>Wikipedia (the .com part may be a directed toward wikipedia's URL and not
>>Bomis - my Spanish is rusty and the fish ain't much help).
>>
>Perhaps the impending trickle influx of Marxist.org content will
>improve their opinion of our project?

I don't think that the philosophical inclinations of marxist.org will
have as much bearing here as their experience in trying to maintain
multi-language operations.  I haven't looked at their Spanish version,
but that may be worth investigating.  Their internal debate over a
Chinese language version may have a parallel with what's happening here.

Eclecticology