[Wikipedia-l] Software updates

lcrocker at nupedia.com lcrocker at nupedia.com
Sat Aug 10 00:13:35 UTC 2002

I made a round of bug fixes and other planned software updates today;
most ofthem shouldn't even be noticeable by most of you, but one will
be, so I'm giving the militia a heads up: "Move page" is now
available to all logged in users.

Just keep an eye out for any potential abuse, and move things back if
necessary. It still takes a sysop to move things back, because you
have to delete the target, but I may be able to fix that soon.
Also, "delete" is now not as thoroughly destructive--it saves stuff
in an archive, so we don't have to walk on eggshells quite as much
about that (though it is still locked for sysops only).