[Wikimediaindia-l] Moderation policy on WikimediaIndia-l

praveenp me.praveen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 23:48:49 UTC 2011

On Monday 14 February 2011 02:03 AM, Hari Prasad Nadig wrote:

> It is probably unfair to say that the chapter hasn't communicated much
> on time in just the last one month right after it has got registered
> legally, when the information that flowed right from the time the EC
> was formed (by you) haven't gone out appropriately and on time. This
> has been more or less the case for almost two years from there. The
> leadership has changed in last month. Is that why only the last
> month's updates are being targeted?
No, it is not. Lack of transparency always concerned (eg:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimediaindia-l/2010-March/000474.html
). And as you know, January last week's thread was originally about
Malayalam Wikipedia's edit count, later diverted and subject changed
(Start
<http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimediaindia-l/2011-January/thread.html#1834>,
First Diversion
<http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimediaindia-l/2011-January/001864.html>,
.....) to Indian Chapter. Then interim EC's *very delayed* announcement
about leadership change immediately worsen the situation. Reason for
changing the leadership is still unknown (or atleast to me).

I am sorry but frankly, making things foggy is not appropriate for an EC
Member.

I believe Indian Wikimedian community must consider seriously about
Jyothis' and Achal's suggestions.